Tuesday is here again and for today’s post I have a Cascade Card Tutorial. I originally saw this tutorial on Beccy’s Place. It is a rather unique shape and does make a rather nice card if you are looking for something different.
Outside of Card
Inside of Card
- Stamps: Penquin Love, We Wish You a Merry Christams (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)
- Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
- Paper: X-Press It Blending Cardstock, DP — Christmas Wonderland
- Copic Markers: YR07 – Cadmium Orange, YR04 – Chrome Orange, C9 – Cool Gray No. 9, C7 – Cool Gray No. 7, G46 – Mistletoe, B0000 – Pale Celestine, B000 – Pale Porcelain Blue, R27 – Cadmium Red, R29 – Lipstick Red, R46 – Strong Red
- Atyou Spica Glitter Pens: 00 – Clear
- Flower Soft: Polar White
- Embellishments: Forever in Time – Crystal Gems
Step 1: Take a 12″ x 12″ piece of cardstock and cut it to be 6″ x 12″.
Step 3: Measure 2″ down from the top left hand corner of the card. Draw a line from the mark that was just made to the top of the 4″ score line. Do the same on the right hand side using the top of the 8″ scoreline. Cut along both of these lines. Keep both pieces.
Step 4: Design Paper Preparation. Whatever design paper you decide to use, cut 1 piece to be 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. This is to be used for the inside middle part of the card. Cut 4 pieces of paper to be 5 3/4″ x 1 3/4″. Use the triangular off cuts to get the correct angles for the strips and make sure that you trim the panels in the right direction
The image Penquin Love, was coloured with Copic Markers. Polar White Flower Soft was used on the trim of the hats. The image was then fuzzy cut and mounted to the middle panel. The sentiment was added to the left front panel. Faux Snow was also added to the middle panel.
For any supplies that you have on your wish list for Santa, do check out Lora’s OCS store for some amazing products and prices.
Until next time, keep crafting.